Top 10 Comments of the Week: Hedi Slimane, Supreme Tattoos, Virgil Abloh’s IKEA, & More
Having done our very best to depart away from the comments minefield that is Facebook, we have taken it back to where this game of hilarious oneupmanship began; our actual website. Despite a noticeably smaller number of our readers spamming the comment field like they do on social media, there is still comment gold out there to be found. Despite this gold shining with a somewhat different quality, it is hilarious all the same.
As always, the past week has been both enriching and downright detrimental for the culture, but our ever-sarcastic readership rose up in true form to berate just about everything they laid their eyes on, and proved that the comments game can be about as ruthless as that of Hedi Slimane’s critics. And despite Celine being the talk of the town, our list went on to feature much more than this, with stories from Burberry and Kanye West, to J.R. Smith and Virgil Abloh being pulled over the coals.
Be sure to keep your funny, interesting, and bizarre comments coming, and in the meantime, check out the aforementioned remarks, as well as many more.
Please keep in mind these comments are meant to be taken as jokes and are only highlighted for the comedic effect they offer.
10. “I can’t wait til Kanye becomes too cool for albums and just posts pictures of pictures on other phones.
(mind blown)” – Two Scoops In Every Box (Source: Highsnobiety)
9. “The I dress like everyone else on Instagram starter pack.” – Default (Source: Highsnobiety)
8. “He shouldn’t have to cover it up under the threat of fines, he should have to cover it up because it’s a dumbass tattoo.” – JWolf (Source: Highsnobiety)
7. “Good luck drinking and pissing out of this cardboard box.” – rmzo (Source: Highsnobiety)
6. “Do they make a version for poor people?
Also, if you’re in the market for a shoe like this, I can hook you up for around a thousand bucks.” – Chris Henson (Source: Highsnobiety)
5. “Kanye’s been dressing a lot like The Equalizer lately but the difference is The Equalizer delivers.” – Max von Hippel (Source: Highsnobiety)
Original Post: Kim Kardashian Is Now a Part-Owner of Kanye West’s YEEZY
4. “50% owner; it’s called marriage.” – Kris Ashby (Source: Highsnobiety)
3. “Nope, cause who is paying 5 grand to look like Bane?” – Brandon Kump (Source: Highsnobiety)
2. “I guess my high fashion taste sucks, cuz I don’t like this collection.” – (Source: Facebook)
Original Post: Hedi Slimane Fires Back at Critics Over His Celine Debut
1. “‘But also staggering exaggerations of conservatism and puritanism.’
I get where he’s coming from, but he must know which side is the one that gets outraged over everything these days..?” – The Mean Panda (Source: Highsnobiety)
For more in comment-worthy news, be sure to check out how the internet is reacting to Hedi Slimane’s Celine debut right here.