UN human rights chief rebukes Israel as Egypt opens Gaza crossing

Photo of UN human rights chief rebukes Israel as Egypt opens Gaza crossing
Facebook
VKontakte
share_fav

Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein says there is little evidence Israel tried to minimise casualties at Gaza protests

The UN’s senior human rights official has rebuked Israel, saying there was little evidence that that the country’s armed forces had attempted to minimise casualties during protests by Palestinians earlier this week that saw dozens of protesters killed.

Speaking at a special session of the UN human rights council, Zeid Ra’ad al-Hussein said that while 60 Palestinians were killed and thousands injured in a single day of protests on Monday, “on the Israeli side, one soldier was reportedly wounded, slightly, by a stone”.

Continue reading...
view The Guardian: World News
#middle east and north africa
#palestinian territories
#united nations
#world news
#egypt
#israel
#gaza