Just a couple of weeks after the first wave of invites for the Fortnite beta event on iOS began going out, Epic Games has officially opened the mobile version of the popular shooter up to everyone. In other words, you no longer need to be invited by Epic Games or receive an invite from a friend -- just download the game from the App Store, log in to your account and jump in to a 100 player match. All you need is a compatible iOS device to play.
The list of devices that support Fortnite includes the iPhone SE, iPhone 6S, iPhone 7, iPhone 8, iPhone X, iPad Mini 4, iPad Air 2, 9.7-inch iPad (2017) and iPad Pro. (Presumably the new 2018 iPad too.) But if you have an iPhone 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3 or an iPod Touch, you're out of luck.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $99 robot vacuum is only a few months old and it’s already one of Amazon’s most popular models
- These chicken wings will change your life, and they taste even better in Amazon’s most popular Instant Pot
Trending Right Now:
- Google is making a cheaper Pixel 3 model, but don’t call it a Nexus
- Let’s take a moment to appreciate all the lies in Zuckerberg’s truths about Tim Cook and Apple
- 39 original Netflix shows and movies will be released this month – here’s the complete list