President Donald Trump has had a particularly loud and combative summer. As CNN’s Brooke Baldwin pointed out on Friday, these past four weeks have been a nonstop series of tense headlines, as POTUS pivots, embellishes, hires, and fires with all the vigor of, well, his storied run on reality TV.
Try to catch your breath.
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) August 18, 2017
In the past four weeks Trump has:
- Fired Steve Bannon.
- Fired Reince Preibus.
- Hired John Kelly.
- Hired Anthony Scaramucci.
- Fired Anthony Scaramucci.
- Hired a fourth communications director.
- Publicly shamed Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
- Been on the losing side of the healthcare reform push.
- Attacked Republicans who didn’t help him repeal and replace Obamacare.
- Tweeted a ban on transgender military service members.
- Delivered a heated and combative speech in front of… boy scouts.
- Fabricated a conversation with Mexico’s president.
- Thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin for booting Americans from Russia.
- Signed on to Russian sanctions.
- Condemned, and then endorsed, leaks at the White House.
- Encouraged police officers to rough up suspects during arrests.
- Shamed Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) publicly.
- Threatened North Korea with nuclear war.
- Told Guam that threats from North Korea will boost tourism.
- Threatened Venezuela.
- Blamed “both sides” during white supremacist rallies in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Said that Nazis are “fine people.”
- Said that George Washington and Robert E. Lee are comparable political leaders.
- Publicly shamed the CEOs who left his business councils.
- Disbanded his business councils.
- Plugged his Charlottesville winery.
- Been at odds with a who’s who of international leaders, including the pope.
Here’s hoping September brings nuanced discussions of layered policies, and peace.
The post CNN lays out every wild Trump story from the past 4 weeks appeared first on The Daily Dot.