China is building an entire hospital in a week to treat virus outbreak patients
The coronavirus outbreak that began in China weeks ago is now growing by the hour. The tally of infected individuals has skyrocketed in the past two days, with new suspected cases popping up all around eastern Asian and even the United States. Now, with health officials scrambling to put a lid on what could become a very serious situation, China is in the midst of constructing an entirely new 1,000-bed hospital specifically to house patients who may be carrying the virus.
The massive new structure will sit on a lot in Wuhan, and it's based on the design of an existing hospital located in Beijing. It's being prefabricated, and once the components are ready to go, the building process will be completed in just days. The hospital is expected to be built by February 3rd.
BGR Top Deals:
- Best-selling Nintendo Switch games are up to $40 off today at Amazon
- This is not a drill: Fire TV Stick 4K is back down to $25, its lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- Sony had a big surprise in store for its PS5 event, but a huge leak might’ve just spoiled it
- Leak suggests the PS5 will be much faster than the new Xbox Series X
- Marvel’s most important MCU Phase 4 film might introduce an unexpected Avenger
China is building an entire hospital in a week to treat virus outbreak patients originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 16:35:53 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.