iPhone 12’s processor may be powerful enough to run a MacBook Pro
Apple has been rumored to be working on an ARM MacBook that would drop Intel’s chips in favor of its own processors. Versions of the iPhone chips that are unmatched in the mobile business power the iPad as well, so the Mac is the next logical move, especially given that Microsoft and other PC vendors are also experimenting with ARM-powered Windows 10 laptops. The A14 chip that’s been in development for the iPhone 12 series coming in September could very well end up being the chip that powers Apple’s first ARM MacBook.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: 55″ 4K Roku TV for $468, $5 smart plugs, $25 Fire TV Stick 4K, $19 portable Apple Watch charger, more
- This 65″ 4K Roku TV is so cheap on Amazon right now, it seems like someone screwed up
Trending Right Now:
- If you thought you were excited about the PS5 before, wait until you see the latest leak
- PS5 leaker might have revealed the price of the Xbox Series X as well
- There’s a brilliant way for Iron Man to return to the Avengers without ruining ‘Endgame’
iPhone 12’s processor may be powerful enough to run a MacBook Pro originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 16 Jan 2020 at 19:09:13 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.