China's oft-delayed Long March 5 rocket program hit a major milestone on Friday when it sent a communications satellite into Earth orbit. The rocket is expected to play a major role in China's space exploration ambitions going forward, though it's had a rocky road throughout its development.
After multiple false starts and issues shortly after launch in earlier test flights, China appears to have finally nailed it on its third attempt. Ultimately, the country hopes the rocket will provide it with the power needed to launch missions to the Moon and even Mars in the not-so-distant future.
BGR Top Deals:
- So many Nintendo Switch games are discounted in Amazon’s post-Christmas sale
- Snag an Apple Watch Series 5 for its Black Friday price on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- What to watch on Netflix: 10 surprisingly good movies and shows you might’ve missed
- Walmart’s year-end clearance sale starts today – here are the 10 best deals
- An unknown actress might’ve just leaked Marvel’s next major villain now that Thanos is dead
China hits major milestone with launch of Long March 5 rocket originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 27 Dec 2019 at 21:11:26 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.