NASA Space Launch System, the rocket system that will eventually provide the means for the space agency to send spacecraft and astronauts to the Moon, is a very big deal. The project has been in the works for a long time, and now that it's finally starting to come together, NASA wants to make sure it's ready for its time in the spotlight.
With that in mind, NASA recently put a version of the SLS liquid hydrogen fuel tank to the ultimate test, pushing it far beyond its designed limits. The test ultimately resulted in the failure of the tank, but that's exactly what NASA says it was going for.
BGR Top Deals:
- 10 Amazon Green Monday deals that are better than Black Friday 2019
- Amazon’s blowing out Oakley and Ray-Ban sunglasses for one day on Sunday
Trending Right Now:
- Walmart’s Green Monday sale is just as big as Black Friday – here are the 10 best deals
- Google Maps finally brought one of its best new features to iPhone
- New video and photos of Tesla’s Cybertruck in the wild surface online
NASA broke the SLS fuel tank, but swears it did it on purpose originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 9 Dec 2019 at 20:06:05 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.