Hugh Grant is going door-to-door to persuade Brits against the 'terrifying prospect' of a Boris Johnson government
Leon Neal/Getty Images
- Hugh Grant is going door-to-door in the UK election to convince voters against what he calls the "terrifying prospect" of five more years of a Boris Johnson government.
- The actor told Business Insider on Monday: "[Johnson] is a man who simply who does whatever it takes to get him to Number 10 and then keep him there."
- Grant is campaigning for both Liberal Democrat and Labour candidates in the election.
- He says he will not leave the UK "unless I am arrested by a Boris government for sedition."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Hugh Grant is going door-to-door in the UK general election to persuade British voters against the "terrifying prospect" of a Boris Johnson government.
Canvassing in Westminster on Monday for the Liberal Democrat candidate Chuka Umunna, the actor branded the prime minister "Pinnochio" and told Business Insider that "I really can't see that he has any beliefs at all except Boris Johnson and his career."
- Jeremy Corbyn reveals 451 pages of secret documents he claims show Boris Johnson will put NHS 'up for sale' in Brexit trade talks with Trump
- Boris Johnson said that Islamophobia is a 'natural reaction' to Islam and that 'Islam is the problem'
- 'I set trends dem man copy': Michael Gove accused of racial stereotyping after mocking Stormzy