Huawei Mate 30 Pro finally arrives in Europe with a big asterisk – no Google services
Six months after the US banned companies here (like Google) from doing business with China-based telecommunications giant Huawei, the two countries are still no closer to burying the hatchet and remain stuck at an impasse. Not only that, but Huawei deputy chairman Ken Hu said during the Fortune Global Forum in Paris this week that he thinks the conflict is going to outlast President Trump's time in office. "It won't finish with this administration," is how he put it.
In response, Huawei has been sourcing more of its own components in-house and ramping up its business with European suppliers, to compensate for the ban closing off access to other sources. Speaking of Europe, Huawei's new Mate 30 flagship is also finally headed to Europe next month -- though the availability there comes with a couple of major asterisks.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s big smartphone accessory blowout is packed with more than 30 deals, today only
- The 5 best Black Friday 2019 deals you can already get on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- We have big news about the one original Avenger who didn’t get any closure in ‘Endgame’
- Galaxy S11 might have a boring design, but it’s getting a hot new display feature
- Samsung is working on a phone design unlike anything ever seen on a Galaxy device
Huawei Mate 30 Pro finally arrives in Europe with a big asterisk – no Google services originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 15:10:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.