Huawei is about to unveil an all-screen phone design like nothing we’ve ever seen before
Huawei recently unveiled the Mate 30 series, which includes the Mate 30 Pro flagship that’s supposed to compete directly against flagship phones like the iPhone 11 and Galaxy Note 10. However, the handset has a huge problem in western markets, and that’s the software. While it may all be based on Android 10, the Mate 30 phones ship without Google apps, which means they offer an Android experience unlike anything Android users expect in western markets like the US. Even worse, there’s no easy or safe way to preload Google apps on the phone, so unless Trump lifts the ban on Huawei, you’d have to get used to Huawei’s version of Android 10.
While it’ll be a while until Huawei can impress us with its software, the brand certainly seems ready to take plenty of risks on the hardware side to lure in more customers. And Huawei is about to launch an all-screen phone with a design that's unlike anything the world has ever seen.
BGR Top Deals:
- The all-new Roku Express launches tomorrow, and it was just discounted to $27
- Amazon’s rare deal on the new Nintendo Switch with better battery life somehow isn’t sold out
Trending Right Now:
- STDs are spreading like wildfire in the US
- Apple is finally fixing its dreaded MacBook Pro keyboard design once and for all
- PS5 might not be fully backward compatible with the PlayStation 4
Huawei is about to unveil an all-screen phone design like nothing we’ve ever seen before originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 11:15:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.