Hordes of tarantulas are crawling across San Francisco right now (so, good luck sleeping tonight)
If you have a natural aversion to spiders, you might want to steer clear of the San Francisco Bay Area for at least the next few days. Reports indicate that tarantula activity has spiked in parts of California, including the Bay Area, with the increase in big spider sightings is being blamed on warm fall weather.
Warm fall days are common across much of the state, and the shift in seasons prompts male tarantulas to search for mates. For residents, that means seeing the huge eight-legged creatures far more frequently, but scientists insist that there's really nothing to worry about.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s rare deal on the new Nintendo Switch with better battery life somehow isn’t sold out
- Amazon’s blowing out Anker charging accessories at rock-bottom prices, today only
Trending Right Now:
- The leaked PlayStation 5 feature that no one saw coming might be real after all
- ‘Money Heist’ season 4 might hit Netflix much sooner than we expected
- How to get Disney+ for $4.72 a month
Hordes of tarantulas are crawling across San Francisco right now originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 9 Oct 2019 at 14:02:38 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.