It’s hard to deny that the Apple Watch is possibly one of the more popular (if not the most popular) smartwatches and wearables in the market today. The numerous features of the watch along with its health benefits, which have reportedly saved many lives, have attracted customers to the device year after year.
Now, Apple offers some customization with the Apple Watch where there are a few different bands and straps that customers can choose from. However, they can sometimes be expensive which is why some customers choose to go with the entry-level Apple Watch and seek alternatives from third-party accessory makers.
If you are looking to switch up your Apple Watch’s look, check out our guide below to learn how to swap out the bands on your device.
How To Change Your Apple Watch Bands
- Take your Apple Watch and turn it over
- You will notice two buttons located at each end of the band
- With the Digital Crown facing away from you, press down the button and slide the band towards you (if this does not work, try sliding it the other direction)
- Repeat the process for the other band
- Take your new Apple Watch band and slide it back in ensuring that it goes all the way
- Repeat the process for the other band and you’re all set and good to go
We should point out that when buying bands and straps for your Apple Watch that you should pay attention to the size. This is because there are two different sizes offered for the Apple Watch, so if you buy a band that’s meant for the larger Apple Watch (and vice versa), it won’t fit.
Also, the instructions we listed above can also be used if you want to give your watch a good clean every now and then. This is because over time, gunk can get in between the grooves so if you’re particular about these sort of things, then it might be a good idea to take out the bands every now and then and give it a good wash.