Videos from ‘Storm Area 51’ show a bunch of stupid people doing very little actual storming
What started as a joke on Facebook — and eventually spawned a real-life gathering of alien hunters in the Nevada desert — quietly reached its climax over the weekend as a few dozen extraterrestrial enthusiasts stood around at the front gate of Area 51 and demanded to see a real-life alien. Their demands were not met, and they went home without incident.
The "Storm Area 51" event on Facebook gathered millions of supposed attendees, but the actual turnout what pretty modest. Last week, law enforcement in nearby Rachel, Nevada, expected as many as 30,000 people to show up for an alien-inspired festival, but video from the actual Area 51 reveals that only a few dozen people actually showed up at the military base. Videos shot from attendees are underwhelming, to say the least.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s surprise Fire TV Stick sale somehow still isn’t over
- Anker’s most popular portable charger is on sale for $25, today only
Trending Right Now:
- Delta has an incredible fare sale through Wednesday with flights as low as $97
- You can preorder Disney+ starting now, but there’s a very good reason you should wait
- iPhone 11 Pro Max teardown reveals some interesting secrets
Videos from ‘Storm Area 51’ show a bunch of stupid people doing very little actual storming originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 23 Sep 2019 at 13:16:45 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.