Brexit: MPs debate cross-party move to allow them to pass bill blocking no-deal – live news
The day’s political developments, including Johnson and Javid launching campaigns, PMQs and cross-party bid to rule out no-deal
- ‘Brexit delay means defeat’: Boris Johnson launches campaign
- Labour to launch bid to block new PM from forcing no-deal Brexit
- Boris Johnson’s campaign launch - Snap verdict
- Boris Johnson’s launch - Summary
Nick Brown, the Labour chief whip, intervenes to propose that the vote be held now.
MPs are voting.
Business of the House Motion (United Kingdom’s withdrawal from the European Union)
(1) That, on Tuesday 25 June –
Labour’s Angela Eagle is speaking now. She says MPs have to stop a new PM acting like a “latter-day Charles I” and suspending parliament to facilitate no-deal.Continue reading...