AT&T is the first major US wireless carrier to let you pay via cryptocurrency
If you're an AT&T mobile customer, and you have some extra bitcoin lying around that you're not doing anything with, you can now use it to pay your phone bill.
AT&T just became the first big US wireless carrier to announce that its customers can now use cryptocurrency to make payments, as greater acceptance of this digital medium of exchange can be seen at companies ranging from AT&T to cable provider Dish, which also lets its customers pay via cryptocurrency. Likewise, Facebook on Friday garnered headlines that it's set to launch its own cryptocurrency for use on the social network early next year.
BGR Top Deals:
- Vizio’s surprisingly great compact sound bar is on sale for $79
- Who would buy a $50 Echo Dot when this Alexa speaker is just as good for $19.99?
Trending Right Now:
- Stunning new video shows off Apple’s leaked iPhone 11 design
- 10 movies and shows to watch on Netflix before they’re removed in June
- NASA’s Kepler just spotted 18 new Earth-sized planets, but only one is worth dreaming about
AT&T is the first major US wireless carrier to let you pay via cryptocurrency originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 24 May 2019 at 16:48:06 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.