Roundup cancer trial ends with $2 billion verdict against Monsanto
It hasn't been a good year for the makers of Roundup weed killer. Back in March, a man was awarded an $80 million verdict after a jury decided that Monsanto's herbicide contributed to his positive diagnosis for non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. That was just the latest in a string of rulings in favor of individuals who believe glyphosate, the active ingredient in the weed killer, gave them cancer, but it doesn't hold a candle to the massive verdict that was just handed down in California.
The trial, which took place in Oakland, was brought by a couple who believe long-term exposure to Roundup resulted in both of them being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. The verdict in favor of the couple carried the astronomical sum of $2.055 billion.
BGR Top Deals:
- Get a $10 Amazon credit for preordering one of two hot new Pokemon games coming to Nintendo Switch
- How on Earth are SanDisk 400GB microSD cards down to just $57?
Trending Right Now:
- Google just told us why the Pixel 3a has a headphone jack, and it’s exactly what you think
- Scientists discover why grocery store tomatoes don’t taste like anything
- Dog disease that can jump to humans was found in Iowa
Roundup cancer trial ends with $2 billion verdict against Monsanto originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 14 May 2019 at 19:06:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.