Devastating spine injury will sideline NFL’s Ryan Shazier for another season
It's been nearly a year and a half since Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier experienced one of the most frightening sports injuries in recent memory. A seemingly routine tackle left Shazier's lower body entirely limp, with doctors later saying that he had suffered a spinal contusion. Surgery followed, but his 2017 season was gone and it soon became clear he wouldn't be ready to play in 2018 either.
Now, with NFL teams preparing their rosters for their 2019 campaigns, the Steelers have been forced to place Shazier on the team's reserve list. The designation of 'Physically Unable to Perform' means that Shazier will sit out the 2019 season entirely, though the Steelers will still pay him nearly $500,000.
BGR Top Deals:
- Everyone with a Fire TV should have this $25 accessory
- The Alexa enabled Sonos One is still on sale for less than it was on Black Friday
Trending Right Now:
- This could easily be the most exciting iPhone 11 rumor so far
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ directors just explained some of the movie’s biggest mysteries
- Galaxy S10 5G bursts into flames, but Samsung refuses to take responsibility
Devastating spine injury will sideline NFL’s Ryan Shazier for another season originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 20:08:49 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.