R. Kelly‘s bail has been set at $1 million in his sexual abuse case.
On Saturday, at the Leighton Criminal Court Building in Cook County, a judge set the singer’s bail at $250k for each case.
Although prosecutors requested that the Surviving R. Kelly subject NOT be granted bail, the judge clearly disagreed.
Kelly must also surrender his passport, and may not have contact with anyone under 18.
Per his lawyer, Kelly — who needs to put forth $100,000 — is currently unable to bond out because of his finances. However, a source told TMZ on Friday that the 52-year-old IS able to cough up the $100K, which means he will be released from jail ahead of his trial.
While speaking to reporters, Michael Avenatti — who previously said he is representing at least 1 of the alleged victims — blasted Kelly’s lawyer, Steven Greenberg, for allegedly referring to the women as “liars,” and for falsely claiming that the new alleged sex tape is the same one from 2008.
Additionally, Cook County District Attorney Kim Foxx said two of the four alleged victims turned in physical evidence — shirts with Kelly’s semen on them — to prosecutors.
On Friday, Kelly surrendered to Chicago authorities after being charged with ten counts of aggravated criminal sexual abuse, spanning at least two decades. The case involves four alleged victims, at least three of whom were younger than 17.
The sentencing range for each Class 2 Felony is 3-7 years, and is probationable. That means if the musician is convicted on all 10 counts, he could possibly face up to 70 years behind bars.
[Image via WENN.]
The post R. Kelly’s Bail Set At $1 Million In Sexual Abuse Case! appeared first on Perez Hilton.