Three More Women Accuse A.J. Calloway Of Sexual Assault Following The ‘Extra’ Host’s Suspension
Three more women have come forward accusing Extra host A.J. Calloway of sexual assault.
The Hollywood Reporter compiled the claims in a piece on Wednesday, showing that each story details the same patterns that have been alleged by the TV personality’s previous accusers: Calloway would allegedly lead them into his bedroom or hotel room, wrestle their phones away, and force himself on them.
The 44-year-old has vehemently denied the allegations, now six in total. The earliest dates back to 2003, from a woman who THR identified as Daisy. Daisy tells the publication she was barely 19 when she met Calloway at an L.A. club. She claims that night, Calloway approached her group of friends and started chatting, remembering she “definitely felt his energy in [her] direction.”
Daisy claims her friend drove Calloway to his hotel in West Hollywood after they left the club, and he offered to take Daisy home from there — her friend agreed, to her horror. She recalled:
“I’m giving her the look, the girl look, and she’s oblivious. I’m having that heavy gut feeling. But I didn’t want to be mean. I didn’t want to be a bitch. I was too nice.”
After she and Calloway got out of her friend’s car, he told her his keys were upstairs. She claims she told him she’d wait outside, but he protested, saying:
“‘You can’t wait here. It’s dark. It’s cold.’ He looks at me and says, ‘I’m not going to do anything to you.’ And again I’m having that feeling, and I went against it because I didn’t want to be difficult.”
As soon as she entered the room, Daisy says Calloway attacked her, continuing:
“He grabbed me, very forceful. I tried pushing him away. I fought him. He was too strong. … He took the phone out of the wall. He tossed my phone and purse across the room. It was just never-ending. He’d be in me, and I was able to get him out of me, off of me, but he was too strong. … He kept yelling, ‘You don’t want me!’ At a certain point I gave up. That’s the part that haunts me the most. I was just crying.”
THR notes that the woman “cries as she tells the story.”
Daisy claims Calloway eventually took her home and she was “quiet the whole time.” She says she “didn’t say anything to anybody for a long time.”
The most recent allegation against Calloway dates a decade later, in 2013. Nancy — another pseudonym — told THR that she met the TV host at a restaurant where she worked. After rebuffing his first few advances, Nancy says she agreed to get together with Calloway late one afternoon.
When she arrived, however, she claims he cut the date surprisingly short and offered to drive her home. In the car, she started to grow anxious when she realized he was heading in the wrong direction; then, things took an alarming turn when he “playfully” took her phone from her. She recalled:
“It was sort of in a playful way. Never did I think he was going to do what he ended up doing.”
Nancy alleges that Calloway drove to his house and immediately went upstairs, saying he wanted to showed her around. She obliged, wanting to get her phone back, and followed him as he went into a bedroom. That’s when she claims “he just grabbed me and pushed me down on the bed.”
Nancy claims she told him to stop, but quickly realized he was overpowering her, recalling that she “could not move [her] arms.” Once he finished allegedly sexually assaulting her, Calloway threw her phone on the bed and drove her home.
Also per THR‘s report, Jeannie Delgado, who previously came forward, recounted her alleged assault after they met on a flight in 2008. Their friendship then led Calloway to invite her to a Christmas party at his New Jersey home in December of that year, before he also asked her to join at another gather in February 2009.
Following the event at his home, she claims the TV personality offered her his guest room when she said she was worried about making it home safely on the icy roads:
“I thought it was not a big deal. I’m thinking this is the guest room. It turned out to be his bedroom. He closed the door behind him. He basically closed the door, locked it and tried to kiss me. I was like, ‘No, no, no.’ Then he went for my pants. He flipped me over, grabbed my hands, held them behind my back. I’m 5-foot-2, 110 pounds. He’s 6-foot-4, and I don’t know how much he weighs. He proceeded to rape me. When I tried to get up, he pulled me back down and bear-hugged me. That was for hours. I lay there crying the whole time. When the sun came up, he raped me again.”
Delgado drove home and later told her boyfriend her account, but felt blamed so she “didn’t tell anyone else” for years.
Last week, Calloway was suspended at Warner Bros. pending an internal investigation. WBTV told THR in a statement:
“Upon becoming aware of allegations of sexual misconduct against A.J. Calloway, we began an internal review to determine whether there had been any misconduct by Mr. Calloway on Extra and whether any employee of the show had been the victim of any such misconduct. To date, we have found nothing to suggest that Mr. Calloway has ever engaged in workplace misconduct. In light of additional allegations brought to our attention, we are expanding our ongoing inquiries, and Mr. Calloway has been suspended pending further review. We take such allegations very seriously and are committed to doing everything we can to ensure a safe and inclusive workplace for all of our employees.”
Calloway’s attorney, Lisa E. Davis, also gave THR a strongly worded response, claiming that the married father-of-three says the accusations are “implausible and did not happen.” The statement reads:
“The Hollywood Reporter’s decision to publicize these vague, unsubstantiated, and mostly anonymous allegations—without providing Mr. Calloway with the details and information necessary to meaningfully respond to them—is thoughtless and rash. However, even with the limited information The Hollywood Reporter did provide to us about these allegations, Mr. Calloway can state unequivocally that these allegations are implausible and did not happen. Mr. Calloway will not sit idly by as these false and baseless allegations cause further harm to his family, career, and reputation and looks forward to clearing his name.”
Three of the accusers have reported Calloway to the police.
We’ll see if the growing number of accusers inspires more to come forward.
[Image via Arturo Holmes/WENN.]
The post Three More Women Accuse A.J. Calloway Of Sexual Assault Following The ‘Extra’ Host’s Suspension appeared first on Perez Hilton.