Labor secures stunning victory in Victorian election as voters 'reject fear'
• Coalition vote collapses in traditional strongholds, including eastern suburbs
• Daniel Andrews says voters rejected Liberals’ campaign of ‘fear and division’
• As it happened: Liberals suffer electoral bloodbath
• Analysis: Labor’s election win in Victoria delivers a stunning margin and a new party hero
• Katharine Murphy: Victorian election will make federal Liberal MPs contemplate their own mortality
The newly re-elected Victorian premier, Daniel Andrews, says the emphatic victory for his Labor team shows voters want governments that deliver, a warning for the troubled Morrison government as a federal election looms.
“I am certain that Victorians have just about had enough of a federal government that cuts hospitals, cans schools, and refuses to admit they have done it. That is what really makes people angry,” Andrews told the Nine Network on Sunday.Continue reading...