Season Preview: Montreal Canadiens depth chart
theScore is previewing each team leading up to the 2016-17 season.
The Montreal Canadiens will have a brand new look this season, after making a series of offseason moves to change the makeup of their team.
Montreal hopes the newly tuned roster can return to the team to the playoffs, after an injury to Carey Price derailed last season's aspirations.
Here's a look at Michel Therrien's options for 2016-17:
|Max Pacioretty||Alex Galchenyuk||Brendan Gallagher|
|Alexander Radulov||Tomas Plekanec||Andrew Shaw|
|Daniel Carr||David Desharnais||Paul Byron|
|Sven Andrighetto||Phillip Danault||Artturi Lehkonen|
|Torrey Mitchell||Michael McCarron|
- Montreal acquired Andrew Shaw from Chicago at the draft for two second-round picks, and brought Alexander Radulov back to the NHL on a one-year contract.
- Artturi Lehkonen made a strong impression in camp, and will stay with the club to start the season.
|Nathan Beaulieu||Shea Weber|
|Andrei Markov||Jeff Petry|
|Alexei Emelin||Mikhail Sergachev|
- Shea Weber is the big name on the list, replacing P.K. Subban in the top spot on Montreal's blue line.
- Like Lehkonen, 2016 ninth overall pick Mikhail Sergachev impressed the Canadiens and will be on the roster to begin the season, at the very least.
- A healthy Price should earn 60-65 starts this season, while Montoya was brought in as a veteran relief option.
NHL Depth Charts
Copyright © 2016 Score Media Ventures Inc. All rights reserved. Certain content reproduced under license.