Columbus Day Sales Tripod – Allen Edmonds under $200, Affordable Moleskin Blazers, & More
The Thursday Handfuls are great, but what if Monday (or Tuesday) rolls around and there are a few sales that can’t wait til the weekend? You’ll find three of the best, with a few picks from each, to start the week below. Expect these with zero regularity.
- Brooks Brothers Warwick Single Monk – $149.00
- Carlyle Oxford – $195.00
- Cornwallis Oxford – $219.00
- Dundee Chucka in Burgundy Cordovan – $449.65
- Dalton Wingtip Boot – $259.00
- Higgins Mill Boot – $245.00
- Liverpool Chelsea – $296.65
- Mora 2.0 Double Monk – $219.00
The big Allen Edmonds “Rediscover America Sale” isn’t limited just to first quality kicks. Yes indeed, 2nds quality (minor imperfections) shoes are getting extra cuts too. A note about the Brooks Brothers Warwick (and other BB AE models). They come with very slim, rubber tap soles on the bottom. Great if you live in a climate that sees precipitation and you don’t want leather soles soaking up all that moisture. As always, availability of models/colors varies greatly by size and width, so, head to the shoebank site, plug in your size, and start scrolling.
- Slim Fit Merino V-Neck – $35.97 ($59.95)
- 60% wool / 40% poly “Crombie” Topcoat – $118 ($198)
- Moleskin Blazer – $70.80 ($118)
- 100% Cashmere Crew – $88.80 ($148)
- 1969 Cords in Slim or Straight Fit – $38.97 ($64.95)
- Merino Blend Textured Crew – $38.97 ($64.95)
- Merino Rugby Striped Scarf – $29.97 ($49.95)
Jeans are excluded, as are leather & suede apparel and accessories, and so is the new GQ collaberation (no surprise there). But other than that? The code should work. Pictured above left is their new “slim” fit merino sweater. First, the great news: these are MUCH improved compared to their paper thin, almost see through merino sweaters from last year. Now the so-so news: It’s not going to be as slim as some really slim to skinny guys would like. But hold it up by the shoulders, and it does appear to taper from the pits to the waist and hem. Trimmer than most other boxy fit sweaters. Those moleskin blazers could be real winners too, as long as they aren’t chopped in the tail. Got one on the way for an in-person, so, standby for that.
- Slim Light Grey Japanese Denim Traveler Jean – $82.50 ($118)
- Slim Rinse Japanese Denim Traveler Jean – $82.50 ($118)
- Aiden Wool Blend Pant – $59.00 ($98.50)
- Wool Blend Topcoat – $245 ($350)
- Slim Dark Wash Japanese Denim Traveler Jean – $89.50 ($118)
I know, I know. Gap and then BR. That’s a lot of GAP INC for one tripod. But, traveler jeans are getting a nice cut thanks to that “up to” 40% off select items section. And you don’t need to be a cardmember to take advantage. Meanwhile, over in the sale section, it feels like a true clearance, so, sizes and selection are pretty scattered.
Also worth a mention on a Monday
- Bonobos: 25% off $175+ w/ FALLBACK
- UNIQLO: Free shipping, no minimum, through today (10/10) plus take $10 off their line of 100% cashmere sweaters.
- DSW: $10 off $49, $20 off $99, $40 off $199 w/ FALLSAVINGS
- J. Crew Factory: 50% off with some exclusions (like suiting).
- Brooks Brothers: 25% off (discount happens in cart).
- J. Crew: 30% off select items + extra 40% off sale w/ YESPLEASE
- Club Monaco: Extra 40% off sale w/ EXTRA40