Man wins eggnog chugging contest, ends up hospitalized
Office parties are all fun and games until somebody nearly dies after the eggnog chugging contest.
That's what happened to Ryan Roche, a Utah man who won the office contest, but then ended up in the hospital for three days fighting double lung pneumonia.
"I pretty much just opened my throat and just poured it down. I didn't take a single breath the entire time," Roche told a local TV station.
In other words, he nearly drowned himself with eggnog.
Since the esophagus and air pipe are right next to each other, just opening your throat is probably not the best idea.